What's next?
Such a strange feeling, disbelief standing directly next to expectation.
I'm thinking about home. I'm thinking about the rocky landscape that swallows me up, calms me with its gentle whispers, tucks me away into the craggy layers of its history. Inhaling through the cracks in the limestone and exhaling through the orchids with their faces turned to the shy sun. Where nothing matters but the sky and the earth, the water and the air, and the winds.
I can barely keep my eyes open but I can taste the future, and the thought of waking up in it makes me afraid to go to bed.
You must admit, this is enigmatic. My best guess is that you're thinking of moving to Ireland in order to escape America. But what would I know? I'll look forward to the next installment.
ReplyDeleteEnigmatic feelings, indeed. You know me too well sir.
Delete