The good:
I have the pleasure of spending every morning toiling away rubbing shoulders with some truly wonderful creatures (some grumpy, however, would rather me not be in the stall with them), listening to the birds, and feeling my muscles ache.
I have a tonne more free time and energy. We are usually done with mucking and bedding around 11:30 in the morning, and I'm home by noon with enough spark left to get a good deal of things done and let ideas flow. It feels fantastic.
The weather is turning better. On Saturday as I let the dogs out around 6am, I heard the birds for the first time in what must be months. I know they've been around, but they've been so quiet. I can't remember for certain, but I may have done a little jump of joy at that moment. Amazing what a bit of sunlight and warmth can do this time of year.
I've a few cold weather crop seedlings (mainly lettuce) starting in the studio now. If they get too big before we're out of our frost season, they'll do okay as microgreens in a container I have. I'm looking forward to gardening. Last year I wasn't able to put much time or energy into it, and my plants failed fairly bad, so I won't let that happen again this year.
The Bad:
I received my final school rejection letter today. No grad school, at least this year.
Our boss fell off a horse while riding drunk and bruised his kidney, gallbladder, and hip. Considering the slim pickings of our little crew, the barn manager has thusly placed me in charge. This means a much longer shift for me for the time being, and at least twice the work, which results in me coming home utterly wrecked. I'm hoping this won't last too long. As much as I do adore the horses.
So that's all for now. It feels like my legs are still crunched under me and there's a good bit of grime left to work off, but it's loosening, and there's more relief in that than I can describe.
Nice one. And free manure for the garden?
ReplyDelete